Book review of the Meluhan Shiva trilogy The Oath of the Vayuputras and The Secrets of the Nagas novels by Amish Tripathi

Book review by Everything bee knows : The Meluhan Shiva trilogy The Oath of the Vayuputras and The Secrets of the Nagas novels by Amish Tripathi 

It's been a long time I had done a book review. Though I've been regularly reading books meanwhile. I came across some famous Indian authors with mythological content which was a delight to read. Today I have a review of the book which I've been craving to read and luckily got it from my friend who is also an ardent book lover and book collector, her name is Pu.

So I happen to read the 2nd and 3rd books of the Meluhan trilogy which were the Secrets of Nagas and the Oath of the Vayuputras. Been several days but the storyline and the book is still fresh in my mind. So first I'll review the 2nd part of the trilogy the Secrets of Nagas. It started with an action scene of abduction of the great scientist of Meluha and Shiva's best friend by the Nagas where Sati gets injured. This plot continues to be unraveled with secrets throughout the book to the end with some stunning and staggering revelation of highest level of suspense. I was in utter awe when I read this book. The need of reading part one was not felt as the story kept on narrating the past stories which helped me to know the background. I was in a state of awe for the fact that how the writer Amish did a beautiful and interesting blend of mythological God and goddess and their characteristics to make his own distinct characters. You will be astonished to know how Ganesha came into the picture. Due to the characters some parts were sort of predicted but not all. The story was independent and had it's own distinct characters. The first book was enough for me to crave again for the third part. Fortunately my friend is a holder of treasure and got another book as well.

The third part is titled the Oath of Vayuputras. This is where Shivas story comes to climax. Where the great war of the Good and Evil takes place. Lot more secrets are revealed. The narration of landscape and description given by the writer was commendable. The places were described in such a way that they were vivid in front of me. This part contains a lot of nuclear power fission and fusion and such scientific terms to it which was pretty amazing though. The Indian subcontinent and other countries like Egypt and Mesopotamia etc. are included in this story in a peculiar way which is pleasure to read. 

Meluha is a country that goes according to the laws and rules of the Lord Rama and this book doesn't forget to give us some teachings on moral and life. The ending is a bit heart wrenching but overall a good book.

Both the books were well connected and did justice. But honestly, comparatively I liked the second book more than the third one. It had continuous action and a rolling moment of suspense coming up. 3rd book had all of it, but the description part of some of the things like weapons etc. didn't worked for me, as I am a reader who indulges more in stories than knowing  in-depth  specification of some instrument. It was bliss to spent couple of days with these books and if time comes I would definitely read them again. I would recommend this book to all the mythology geeks and who are into Indian mythology, it's a great enchantment for them.
Hope you guys liked my review and if you have any suggestions or advice please do comment in the section below. Thanks for reading and I give this book 4 honeybees 🐝🐝🐝🐝. Byee and thank you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review on the book Wings Of Fire An Autobiography of Dr. Abdul Kalam

Business Communication FYBCOM notes Channels of Communication Semester 1 / Sem I

Time Stops at Shamli and Other Stories Book Review by Everything bee knows / Time Stops at Shamli and Other Stories Summary

Review of the book Ruined by Paula Morris / Everything bee knows

Books to Refer for Bcom Second Semester / Books Recommendation for Bcom Sem II

Easy way to make slime using Indian products/ fevicol/ detol shaving cream/ fluffy slime